Thursday, August 15, 2013

Courgette muffins

When I read the title of the recipe I had the same reaction than when I first heard of carrot cake. I thought: "really?"

But since I have learn that I should give new flavours a go. So I did. 

I used as base recipe my friend's Zuri from AZ Atelier's. But I didn't have nutmeg and I skipped the sugar. Zuri's muffins are a sweet version. Mine are savoury. With a twist. 

Thanks for the inspiration, Zuri!


Ingredients:
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 courgette roughly chopped
2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
3/4 of a cup of milk
1 egg
a chili, chopped
a pinch of salt

Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients, pour into the muffin molds and bake on a pre-heated oven... you know the drill. 

You can eat them on their own, or with a bit of butter, or with ham and cheese... the possibilities are unlimited! Yum!

What will your twist on the courgette muffins be? Share it, please!



No comments:

Post a Comment